Treatments & Remedies
When it comes to flea bites, it is recommended that once you notice that you have the symptoms which include: Itchy and painful bites, clustered bite marks which tend to be red and swollen and bite marks that are specified to the lower parts of the legs, you should take immediate treatment since flea bites are dangerous. Next, you should seek to implement preventive measures that will ensure that you do not have another occurrence of the same.
Look at the Flea Bites Pictures here.
As a result, below are some common treatments and remedies that you could implement immediately.
- Wash the affected part with an antiseptic. If you do not have an antiseptic, use soap and water.
- Place an ice bag or a cold cloth on the bite marks since most of the time they are red and swollen. This prevents further swelling.
- For itchy bite marks, apply an anti-itch cream. You could check which ones are available and recommended. If you have hyper sensitive skin, it is recommended that you use anti-histamine. They sooth the itchy feeling.
- Do not scratch the bite mark. If you do you could peel of the skin and infect the wound with dangerous bacteria from your finger nails.
Other recommended home remedies that you could implement when you do not have the above treatments include:
- Use Aloe Vera gel: This has been one of the most recommended home remedies. The benefit of Aloe Vera is that it helps to sooth the flea bite.
- Using green/black tea: This is another home remedy that you could use once you realize that you have a flea bite. All you have to do is to wash the bite marks with the tea.
- Coconut oil: This soothes the itchy feeling of the flea bite as well as the swelling with time.
Read about Flea Bites Symptoms here.
In the event you realize that the flea bites are getting worse, it is advisable to go to the doctor for professional help.
What are the recommended preventive measures to flea bites?
Fleas are mostly transferred from pets to humans. Therefore, a preventive measure is to ensure that your pets do not have the fleas. From there you can be assured that you are safe.
Garlic: Garlic is a natural healing plant and it is known to heal a lot of diseases. Therefore, a piece of garlic a day ensures that the fleas go away since they do not delight in the taste associated with garlic. An interesting thing to note is that, when you feed your pet with garlic, you can be assured that fleas will not bother you again.
Citrus: Did you know that fleas do not like citrus and smells associated with citrus? Therefore, you could use citrus sprays in your house. Just spray all the areas that you think could be having fleas and they will disappear.
Flea bomb: Once you realize that you have a flea infestation, use the flea bombs. For more information on fleas bites on humans and how you could completely eliminate them, read more on the other pages of our website.